Sunday, December 27, 2015

It's been awhile...

Hey all, sorry been away fro a bit, actually a long bit. Life, new job, crazy hours have distracted me.
Anyho, haven't gotten away from smithing, and made a few things.
Here's some samples.

Here I made a mountain man style knife with steel guard. Handle is leather micarta.

My newest things is making flint and steel strikers that I call hammer strikers. They throw off great sparks either way you strike it. They contain a small tin with flint and char cloth in a faux buckskin bag. They will cost $35, and your choice of faux buckskin or standard leather. AND, you can have it in the cinching style or a pocket on like in the prototype photo below.

 
This is my prototype Hammer Striker, its a bit smaller than the ones I make, but I love it and make my fires from it.

 
 
I got ambitious and tries my hand at making something like a Seax and decided to put a tanto tip on it. Again, I wasn't disappointed. Its overall length is 14 inches 
 
 



This is my newest creation. A rattail stacked handled knife. Again, it seems there's nothing I cant do if given enough time and thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment